The Violin Parts
Knowing the professional violin anatomy will help you choose an instrument that’s well-made. You can also check for the quality and durability of these parts when buying the instrument.
1. Chin Rest
Chin rest supports the chin of the player.
2. Tuning pegs
Located at the top of the violin, the tuning pegs allow you to alter the pitch of each string.
Various sounds are created with the fingerboard.
This is where the sound escapes from. It is named after its own shape.
The bridge transports the sound to the F-hole. This is where the four strings can be seen.
Violins for beginners can be found almost anywhere. But you have to be extremely careful in selecting your supplier. Here are some tips that can get you on the right track.
• Make a budget.
• Choose between a used or brand new instrument.
• Select a violin based on your skills.
• Professional violins are more expensive and are of higher quality. They are made from fancy materials and will cost hundreds to thousands of dollars.
• Look for a credible online supplier. Internet purchases are cost efficient compared to buying in stores.
• Read on violin brands. Know which among them rank highest in reviews.
• Violins for beginners are cheaper. So if you’re starting to learn the instrument, it’s best to purchase this type of violin.
Sizing and Accessories
It’s important to find a violin that suitably fits you. You can find the right violin size by stretching your arm and measuring from the neck going to the palm. If it’s 23 inches, a full-sized violin (4/4) will be required. If its 22in, a 3/4 size is recommended. If between 18.5in to 20 in, a 1/4 to 1/2 violin size will be needed. For smaller lengths like 16.5 inches, a violin sized 1/8 is most suggested.
A violin can never be complete without its accessories. Here are a few suggestions that’s worthy to purchase:
1. Violin Case – keeps your instrument safe from damage.
2. Music Stands – used for practice purposes. This is where the sheet music is placed during practice.
3. Bow – a violin can never be played without the bow. You can choose the wooden ones which are more traditional or the metal bows which are fancy and high in quality.